Database Administrator (m/f) Oracle
published: 17.10.2017 // place of work: Malta
The HWS Projekt-Engineering GmbH is an innovative, independently working company of the HWS Group and provides comprehensive IT and Engineering solutions for his customer. Since 2005 we support our considerable customers by long-term projects with more than 140 employees. Our focuses are information technology, telecommunication, automation and drives and some adjoining areas.
Currently we are looking for several Database Administrators (m/f) Oracle for our team in Malta starting the earliest possible entry date. Graduates (m/f) are welcome as well! Familiarization with the new job is going to take place in our headquarters in Neustadt an der Aisch (Germany).
- Handle database incidents, service requests and change requests
- Providing 24/7 support
- Install, upgrade and patch the Oracle databases
- Clone/ refresh database on request
- Monitor the availability and performance of the database
- Maintain knowledge of different database areas and database management systems and provide detailed advice regarding their application
- Create and maintain documentation for database activities performed by the team
- Evaluate potential database solutions, technics, features and demonstrating, installing and commissioning selected products
- Successfully completed IT training or similar
- Strong operating system skills in Linux and HP-UX
- Strong database management skills in Oracle 12c, 11g with good understanding of database concepts and architecture
- Good understanding of Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Knowledge of backup/restore tools e.g. RMAN and expdp
- Shell scripting skills
- Fluent English skills both spoken and written, German as a plus
We kindly invite you to send your letter of application (motivation letter, CV, certificates), your desired salary and start date with
reference nr. 11-IN-2987_2 to our email-address (see it by clicking at the blue box above).
HWS Projekt-Engineering GmbH
Tel. +49 (911) 217 71-0
Fax +49 (911) 217 71-777.